Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,026   Online: 698

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Russian 18x24 FKD camera: can take horizontal and vertical shots?

hi

I have a question for russian FKD 18x24 cm cameras (not the 13x18 models).

I'd like to buy one of these cameras, but haven't figured out yet if the back is fixed to horizontal - or vertical shots in 18x24 are possible...

Since I will be taking vertical shots mainly, if the back doesn't turn vertical but only horizontal 18x24 shots are possible, I'd rather look for a 13x18 camera with the right back for me...

Does anybody know?

thank you
    Interested in converting a Polaroid 110B into a compact 4x5" rangefinder camera? Check out how I did it here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure. I can turn mine around in about the same way I do on my Tachihara.

/matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks for the info!
    Interested in converting a Polaroid 110B into a compact 4x5" rangefinder camera? Check out how I did it here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are two pics of what it looks like. I am searching for a replacement normal 8x10-back to fit to it as well. It should be easy to do. (If I only could find one in my price range.)
    /matti
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fkd-back1.jpg   fkd-back2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks matti, people confirmed the possibility of horizontal/vertical shots

I just bought my 18x24 on ebay for 175$ plus shipping - the seller should be a trusted one... let's hope so...

why are you looking a replacement? what's wrong with the back you already have? or you mean a film/plate holder?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The back on these cameras only take the supplied plate holders. There is nothing wrong with them but they don't take normal 8x10 film holders. When I use 18x24 cm film I have to use 3M-sticky spray mount or jam as Ole (I actually use honey). It works but it would be more convenient to use ordinary film holders as well. I already bought a 5x7-back that I plan to mount some day.

/matti

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You can also use sheet film adapters - thin metal sheaths that you slide the film into. I use these for all sizes up to 18x24cm, so I know they exist. the jam trick I only use for even bigger, floppier sheets - 24x30 and 30x40!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ahh yes I knew about they were made for plates only

but that's ok, I'm gonna use this camera for wet playes anyway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the FKD (actually FK, it's from the 1950s) is here

very nice camera! I didn't pay very much for it... and the comrades did a very nice job! :-)

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Those smaller ones tend to be very nice - at least compared to the "cabbage crate" 30x40cm ones!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin