Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,778   Online: 987

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    this is the Gandolfi I'm looking at. It seems like it would be pretty sturdy. Are you saying the monorails are more heavy, therefore more sturdy?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sean I have used the camera in fairly strong winds and had no problem. I think the wind situation would be better dealt with a good strong tripod.
    A heavier camera does help, but as always it is a compromise. Weight vs portability.

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ross @ Dec 3 2002, 10:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Are you saying the monorails are more heavy, therefore more sturdy?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
    I would prefer to say that monorails and drop beds are the sturdiest view cameras by virtue of design, irrespective of weight. In general, they are also the heaviest. In my opinion, this combination makes them the best choice for use in windy conditions.

The Gandolfi looks to be a fine camera and I&#39;m sure you can&#39;t go wrong with it. But you owe it to yourself to take a hands on look at a monorail, given the windy conditions you describe, so that you can make a more informed decision.

In purchasing a camera you have any number choices on a continuum from light, flimsy, and portable all the way up to heavy, rigid, and not portable. each will offer advantages and disadvantages. It may be that the Gandolfi offers you the perfect combination of weight, rigidity and portability.

My metal monorail allows me to take sharp pictures in wind conditions my wooden field camera couldn&#39;t cope with but it&#39;s a pain to carry far from the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin