Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,525   Posts: 1,543,902   Online: 1034

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've found a mint condition used one for 2800 bucks. I am torn between this or a new Gandolfi 8x10. Jorge has the Gandolfi and is happy with it. Just looking for some varying opinions. I'll also check other sources on the net. Thanks, Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey Jorge, the bellows on the Gandolfi seems pretty short. How do you find it? In 35mm terms I always shoot 28mm-50mm, so shouldn't be an issue should it? I'm torn now,, a used Wisner 8x10 Expedition for 2800 or a new Gandolfi for 3000. Then you've got people in other forums raving about Philips, Lotus, Canham, Toyo, Linhof, etc. And I thought finding my soul mate was hard!

Shooter
    Large Format
    LOL...yeah it amounts to almost the same thing.....I only have up to 450 mm and I have plenty of bellows left, for landscape you should not have a problem. if your choice is to shoot wideangle in 35 mm then you definitly wont have a problem. With a bellows draw of 30 inches you can go up to 600 mm and still have a comfortable margin for closer objects so this should not be an issue for landscape.

As I said the Gandolfi for the price is a good camera, Canham, Wisner, Ebony, toyo, etc are all also good.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin