Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,031   Online: 855

Thread: Toyo G 8x10

Shooter
    Medium Format

Toyo G 8x10

An opportunity come up to purchase one of this cameras, presently I have a 4x5 Toyo G, questions are:

1. Will the 8x10 Toyo use the same lens board as the 4x5 model?

2. What is the normal lens for this camera, the longest lens I have is a 270mm

Thanks in advance

Hugh
    Live and Let Live

Shooter
    Multi Format
    300mm is normal for an 8x10. 270mm is close enough to normal. So would 360mm.

OTOH is that a telephoto 270mm? If it is I wonder what the coverage is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Nick, is actually a Linhof telephoto that is mounted on a Linhof plate for which I have a Toyo plate adapter. or something like that.
    Live and Let Live

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughjb View Post
    Hey Nick, is actually a Linhof telephoto that is mounted on a Linhof plate for which I have a Toyo plate adapter. or something like that.
    I doubt if a tele is going to have the coverage for 8x10 though I could be wrong. I don't know of any telephotos that small that will cover.

Check Midwest and KEH for used lenses. There were a couple of good bargains in the past few weeks on the Large Format Forums. Also, you can find some good buys on ebay occasionally.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A telephoto design lens does not have the covering power of a Plasmat type lens. Therefore a 270mm Telephoto would just barely cover 5x7.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    A telephoto design lens does not have the covering power of a Plasmat type lens. Therefore a 270mm Telephoto would just barely cover 5x7.
    A few will - just barely. Most won't, and they fail to cover in a rather unattractive way.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Lenes boards are interchangeable on the Toyo 8x10 and matches the Toyo 4x5... The G models are their best camera and I would only get that....Bellows as well will fit the front of a Toyo 8x10..

See my ad for a Toyo adapter plate to Graphic lensboards if you want a really hot set up for lenses on the Toyo system...I also have a Wide Angle bellows, additional bellows, wide angle bellows. Extra extension rails, and rail clamps...

John Creimati johnjohnc@att.net 216 651 9949

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin