Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,317   Online: 865

I've always wanted to discover the beauty PHP. Now's the time. I'm looking at gettting an 8 x 10 Leonardo and Eric Renner's book?

By going 8 10, I'll be able to contact print my work and have images large enough for display. Well maybe!

Comments please.

Thanks
    Chazz

Images
    In the process of building an 8x10 of my own. It should be interesting. Not a substitute for a proper 8x10 cam at all, but a fun project nonetheless.
    hi!

Here's plans for a wooden 4x5 pinhole camera (for use with a regular film holder), you could probably change the dimensions for 8x10:

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/features...fea.asp?id=1048
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

Chazz, How much you lookin' to spend on this? I don't know much about the Leonardo, but if its like a Santa Barbara Lensless Cameras, it allows for a tripod and film holders---great features! Of course, you'll need a tripod that'll handle an 8x10 and film holders(used about $50 for two). Thats a considerable investment on top of your pinhole. FWIW, might as well get a beater 8x10(say, a B&J) for $300-350 and put a pinhole in place of the lensboard, and your in the 8x10 business! You can add a lens later if you want. Either that, or just make your own out of a cardboard box(or build your own out of wood) forget about a tripod and film holders so for the price a a pinhole, blackboard paint and some gaffers tape you're in the 8x10 business for even less! Just a thought! Good luck!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin