Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,650   Online: 671

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Fred Picker recommended that the thin gelatin filters were best used behind the lens. The thinness of the gelatin was negible with regards to focus shift. I tried this for a while, but I found it maddening. Went back to the screw in filters. Like everything else, you can make it work if you either want to or have to.
    A New Project! Transformations 02/02/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Most of the LF people I have discussed this with all say filters behind the lens seems to be the best for sharpness. But you must refocus after placing the filter do to refractions of light from he color you are using. At least that was what I was told.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

I use filters behind the lens for the simple reason that a good number of my lenses have front elements that are just plain too large for my standard 3X3" filter. Even my 100mmX100mm Sinar filters don't cover the entire front element of my Schneider 5,6 360mm lens. So, intead of carriy several sets of filters, depending on the lens size, I have one set that covers everything from my 250mm WF Ektar down to my 210mm Schneider Angulon behind the lens.

I do my focusing and comoposing without the filter, then place the filter on the back ofg the lens using rolled up tape, replace the GG and then refocus. it's always worked for me.
    - William Levitt

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I agree.

lee\c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin