Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,517   Online: 1306

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    So I get the feeling there's no standard. Sal do you feel the Lotus holders are the ones to use as a modern day standard. I'm not likely to buy old holders anyway.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    So I get the feeling there's no standard. Sal do you feel the Lotus holders are the ones to use as a modern day standard. I'm not likely to buy old holders anyway.
    -Rob
    I was never able to find an ANSI/ISO standard for this size, going back to the 1951 version.

Given their price, I don't think the Lotus holders will take hold as a "standard." It will likely come down to them or the impending Fotoman Camera 6.5x8.5 holders. While an exact weight is not yet available from Fotoman, I suspect those will be noticeably heavier than Lotus', considering Paul is using high density plastic as well as metal septums and dark slides.

If one were designing a camera back, I'd suggest sizing for the Lotus holders. That would permit using either them or the very slightly smaller (outer dimensions) Fotoman holders, with the choice based on criticality of weight and budget.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    No, there was a standardized 1/1 pl holder (like 4x5, 5x7/13x18/half plate, 8x10/18x24) -- but alas I no longer have any.
    As noted by others, there may have been more common sizes, but not one worldwide standard. With the exception of two Japanese bookform holders, all of my holders are "typical" double-darkslide style and of U.S. origin and every company's is different. Some don't even have ribs for the rib lock, but rather slide into a pocket at end opposite the dark-slide slot. The overall sizes of the film holders vary by almost an inch in the length and width. The plate holders are closer at 3/4".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin