Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,692   Online: 738

How many out there find the need for a center filter when using a 90mm on 4x5. I can see some minor light fall off towards the corners, but I don’t find it objectionable. I know everyone’s standards are different, and the decision is a subjective one, but I would like to hear opinions from other users.
    Push your limits regularly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a 65mm super angulon on my 4x5 and see little or no fall off on my shots. What kind of 90mm do you have?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    I shoot with the F8, 90 mm SA Schneider. I have noticed no objectionable fall off in my work. Perhaps if I were shooting chrome it would be more of a problem.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    With color I see fall off with the 65 nikkor and the 90 Schnieder. But with B&W I see none...go figure....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This depends on the design of the lens, the coverage (the angle) and the f-stop used. All modern WA that are derived from the Zeiss Biogon, do have less vignetting than classic WA designs. The Biogon has introduced an angle dependen pupil magnification and has therefore a better performance than the cos4-law predicts (at the cost of a little distortion)

I do not need a Centerfilter on my Grandagon-N 6,8/90 beyond f16. Slide film is usually more critical than negative film in this respect (regardless of color or B&W). I do use a centerfilter below 90mm.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin