Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,384   Online: 1088

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hey Guys
    Thanks for your answers.
    Dan I have a question. I'm no expert in this so there's a lot of things I don't understand. First, I want to use this lens with my toyo 8x10 camera. I would like to use movements, If I put a shutter behind the lens, that is smaller than the lenses opening/diamter of 11 cm, then wont I loose it's f3,6 opening?
    And even if I dont, wont I limit the movements I'm able to make, before the lens starts to vignette?
    Also I still don't get how I can mount a mutilated speed graphic shutter in front of the lens. Do you have a picture of such an operation? That would be much apreciated.
    Thanks again
    Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mads, you will lose movements, not speed.

But given what this http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...eyerc/p22.html says, chances are that your lens won't cover 8x10. Full plate, yes, 8x10, no.

You'll have to make a fixture to attach a Speed Graphic with bellows removed in front of your lens. Basically what you want to do is make a plate with a hole that will accept the front of the lens' barrel and will attach to the back of the Speed. Ideally the plate should have some sort of baffling to stop light from leaking in. SKGrimes made a similar device to allow me to couple two Graphics, it has a pair of concentric tubes ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the info Dan
    The 360mm covers 8x10 nicely. I already tried it on my toyo, no problems at all.
    Best Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Using the Speed Graphic as a Front curtain shutter you are only losing two very small 1/6 inch segments form the top and botton if the shutter is centered on the axis of the lens on settings T or B only. And as for using as a shutter the curtains opening will not cut off any part of the lens as the opening moves from roller to roller which is greater than 11cm.
    It's not the camera......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin