Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,922   Posts: 1,584,979   Online: 1024

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks
    To answer the original question, I'd buy a non-gridded screen and save the gridded one against the time when you realize that it may have its uses after all. Grid-free screens ooze aesthetic charm; once you learm to disregard the grid, except when you need it, I'd back gridded every time. But I've only been using LF since the early 70s, so I could be wrong.

Cheers,

R.
    A good comment not to be lost in my rather crude cleaning of this thread...

I've removed some off topic banter, since it was getting heated, the thread was reported and the original topic has value. If you are interested in discussing what Americans know and buy there is a new thread in the lounge...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks all, it worked well. There are still marks on the glass, bright lines, where the grid lines were. Is there a good way of eliminating those, short of re-grinding? Thanks,

GB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gbenaim View Post
    Thanks all, it worked well. There are still marks on the glass, bright lines, where the grid lines were. Is there a good way of eliminating those, short of re-grinding? Thanks,

GB
    My guess is that you have acid etched lines, for which I paid a premium.

Our comrade and sponsor Satin Snow makes highly regarded grid free ground glass screens, for which you can download the grid if you require it.

Expenditure seems inevitable!

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ross,

I'm waiting for one of his gg's, I just got tired of the grid lines while waiting.

Images
    I would say the cleaning of the thread went well, seeing as I was one who muddlied up. Sorry about that folks.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin