Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,415   Online: 1127

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Feisol and/or Benro fibre tripods and heads??? Any good for large format

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for some recommendations and experiences on Feisol and Benro carbon fibre tripods.

I want to purchase one or maybe two different ones, but would rather carry a slightly heavier one around, if it will serve my needs.

I'm using mainly a Mamiya 7, sometimes a Pentax 67 and a SpeedGraphic with an Aero Ektar ( heavy combo).

For heads: I own a NPC Prohead, besides some other ones I don't use much, but would rather go for something more sturdy. Does anybody own a Benro KS or KV head? Are you happy with it? What about the Feisol ones?

Anybody using the mentioned tripod brands and what are your experiences. Did you buy directly from the maker? How did it work out for you....?! (I'm located in Europe)

Regards and thanks in advance,

Heinrich

Shooter
    35mm
    I used a Feisol tripod borrowed from a friend with my 1947 Crown Graphic Special. Very good quality.

I used to use a Benro head on my Manfrotto 190. Replaced it within a week. horrible quality. I can't comment on Benro tripods as I have no experience.

For my Crown Graphic now I use the Manfrotto 190Pro with their 410 Geared Head. It's compact and stable enough. I've also used the same combo with an RB67 Pro-S /w/ 250mm lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin