Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,947   Posts: 1,557,848   Online: 842

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Gundlach Perigraphic any good?

Hi all,

I saw an old convertible 8x10 gundlach perigraphic on the auction site, was curious what people know and think about it. I just wanted to see if I like the old convertible look. Thanks,

GB

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have one that I confess to not playing with enough yet. I was very impressed with the one neg I made. It had beautiful tonality in difficult lighting. It's a 3-3 design but not a dagor clone. I think it's rather a rapid rectilinear with a little extra correction from the 3rd glass. Only 2 cemented groups means minimal reflection loss and good contrast. Wait for one in a shutter.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks, Jim. Your thread on that tr is what got me interested. Are the single cells any good for longer lengths?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbenaim View Post
    Thanks, Jim. Your thread on that tr is what got me interested. Are the single cells any good for longer lengths?
    Probably not for serious sharp work. I confess though, I've never tried. I've seen portraits with a single used wide open that impressed me though.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin