Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 655

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    really there are so many EXCELLENT choices for a normal 2x3 lens. Help yourself by narrowing down your search.
    Price?
    Performance?
    Coverage?
    Age?
    Speed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, if you have the time to sweat out an eBay auction this lens http://cgi.ebay.com/Schneider-100mm-...QQcmdZViewItem would be more useful on y'r Galvin than would, say, a 101/4.5 Ektar or Raptar or Optar (= Raptar). More coverage than the tessars.

I have no connection with the lens on offer, but if I had a 2x3 view camera -- I shoot 2x3 Graphics, can't use much coverage -- and needed a normal lens I'd bid on it.

Good luck, have fun,

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mark,

I, too, have the 2.25x3.25 Galvin with a stable of lenses. My initial reaction when I read your post was why you specifically want a normal focal length lens? Is this a compromise so you carry only a single lens with you? I'd think there'd be so much you'd want to capture on film that a wide angle and a long range lens would both be used.

When I travel on business I usually take my Seagull TLR because it has a fixed lens and I'm not tempted to carry too much, or I take my 2.25x3.25" Crown Graphic, which also has only the one lens. By eliminating lens choices I restrict what I put in the suitcase as well as the types of images I capture.

Enjoy the trip,

Rich

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If I had only 1 lens for this format, it would be either a 75 mm or a 90 mm.

I like the fugi f8 90 mm which is my only lens for my 617 set up on which I also use at 6 x 9, 612, and 617 on the same camera.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Galvin came to me with a 135mm Rodenstock Sironar. I also often use my 105mm Fujinon on the Galvin.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    If I had only 1 lens for this format, it would be either a 75 mm or a 90 mm.
    I agree, shorter than 75mm would require a recessed lens board for full movements with the Galvin 2x3.
    75 & 150 would be nice, but that would be 2 lenses (they're relatively lightweight). For ultra-lightweight, the 100mm is it (total camera weight, a little more than 3 lbs).
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I am going to Hawaii for business but am looking forward to meeting up with Robert for a little photography. I am exploring my camera options and am either going to take my 6x6 or my Galvin. The problem with the Galvin is the normal to widish lens. I don't have one, I don't think. I have been looking at the prices of 65mm lenses on KEH :o . Then I got to thinking that this was wide for 2x3 and I have no idea what "Normal" is for this format.

I have 135 Xenar that I use every once in a while on my 4x5. Is that normal or am I looking for something in the 90 range.

Can someone help with the "Normal" lense so i can price them.
    Mark, do you still have the Galvin view camera?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Images
    yep. Haven't used it in a long time though.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you find the design ok, any problems with locking movements so they stay locked in place?

Thanks,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin