Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,787   Online: 785

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden Claron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $200 355 lens in barrel
    $100 compound shutter only firing at one speed
    $100 shutter repair/CLA

$600 "profit"?

All purchased in the last few months. Maybe I should actually use it to take some photos first before getting too excited!

p.s. thanks to Jim Galli and Ole for advice on which shutter to get for a perfect fit. I also have a bargain backup shutter now just in case....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a pretty one available if anyone is looking. $750. A bird in the hand. Like Dan above, I think the ebay thing can be volatile in it's selectivity. Which means I'd throw mine on ebay and get $550 instead of the $1050
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

bird season

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    One swallow does not make a spring.
    Oh how true, but as Jim says, "a bird in hand". Lense prices are an interesting study and for now on some of them you can throw the book out the window....especially in the ULF formats i.e. any format larger that 11 x 14. For interest take a quick on line search around the country at the major retail outlets we are all familiar with.....not too many 355 G's on the shelf...if any. In the 3-5 years more ULF cameras have been built and sold and more are coming on the market than in the previous decade...the Fine Art XXL lenses are selling. A lot of the glass on the old process cameras are still to be discovered, but those situations are getting more and more scarce.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    In the 3-5 years more ULF cameras have been built and sold and more are coming on the market than in the previous decade...the Fine Art XXL lenses are selling. A lot of the glass on the old process cameras are still to be discovered, but those situations are getting more and more scarce.
    Some of the old glass, in particular vintage wide angle lenses such as Series IV and V Protars, and especially specimens over 12" in focal length, have become very hard to find, and expensive. It seems that the Asian market has found out about these lenses and many of them are finding a new home on the other side of the Pacific with collectors and users willing to pay top dollar.

And it does not help US sellers that the dollar is pretty much at rock bottom!

Sandy King

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin