Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,592   Online: 990

Shooter
    Multi Format

Info re: 150mm/180mm Apo Symmars

I'm looking at my first LF lens purchase to be used on a Tachihara 4x5 W-F. I'm currently looking at a 150mm Apo Symmar or a 180mm Apo Symmar both in Copal 1 shutters. I looked on the Schneider site and could find info on the "L" series but not on the original Symmars. So, could anyone point me in the right direction for info or, better yet, give me their experience with these lenses?

Also, I'll need to pick up a lensboard. Do I need a spanner wrench, or other special tool, to mount a lens on the board?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a 135mm Apo Symmar and a 210mm Apo Symmar. I can tell you these are incredibly sharp and contrasty.

And yes you will need a spanner wrench to put the lens on the board.
    Last edited by david b; 10-20-2007 at 01:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Older lenses are under the "vintage" info.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/...data/index.htm

APOs aren't the first if that's what you're asking. They are the third or fourth generation I think.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin