Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,936   Online: 846

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Pissed off-venting-Fogged 8x10 film in box!

Just venting,

After chasing a light leak on my last batch of developed 8x10 film, I come to discover the f'ing bag it comes in has pinholes along the crease. This is freestyle's arista ultra. Why they'd use cheap plastic that tears is beyond me. I just wrote them, hope they'll offer a refund or replacement, but it sure wasted my time and money. End of vent,

GB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Did you open the box and expose the black plastic bag to light? You do know that bag is just folded over and not weld/sealed? I have used tons of arista.ultra in 5x7 and not a single fog mark, but I only open the pasteboard film box in the darkroom. Arista.edu.ultra is Foma film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    No, I only opened it in the dark, but I guess it wasn't light proof given the holes along the fold and the fogging.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbenaim View Post
    No, I only opened it in the dark, but I guess it wasn't light proof given the holes along the fold and the fogging.
    If you only opened the box in the totally dark confines of your darkroom, then it sounds to me like you do have a warranty issue with the film. Freestyle should replace the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    GB, I can appreciate your frustration. Although my example is not as egregious, it was frustrating. I purchased 8x10 Ektachrome on Ebay. One of the boxes were opened and there appeared to be no problem. I traveled to the Sawtooth Mountains and exposed the film only after considerable deliberation, preparation, adjustment, and final touches for the "Perfect" shot. To be safe, I took 2 shots.........took them to the local lab for professional processing. I examined my chromes and found much to my dismay....GHOSTS.....the chrome film had previously been used...just not developed. ugh!!! Jon

BTW, Freestyle is very good about correcting problems, try giving them a call. Best Wishes!
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unless something has changed drastically in the customer - vendor loop, product defects should be taken up with the distributor. (first)
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DannL View Post
    Unless something has changed drastically in the customer - vendor loop, product defects should be taken up with the distributor. (first)
    Your absolutely right, however in the case of Freestyle, they are the vendor and the distributor of their private label Arista brand films, and also the US vendor and distributor (at wholesale to other stores) of Foma materials.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin