Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,266   Online: 804

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sinar lensboard question

Just bought a super angulon 65mm f5.6 for my F1 and - blimey, you dont half have to pull the standards together :o !! Obviously I'm gonna need a bag but will I also need a recessed lensboard ?? They seem very e><pensive. I know this is an ultra wide lens which wont give me much movements but this isn't a problem.

Cheers
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bill

You only need the bag bellows and then its only the lens limiting the movements!
    I still use my 55 mm on a flat board on my F1 and in the beginning also the 47mm XL but now I have for the last one a recessed board. Gives a bit more spare between the standards!
    So I sleep better!
    Have a good time Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The made in China recessed boards sold on Ebay are much cheaper then the real thing. I don't have a real sinar but they work great on my Shen in place of the Sinar to Linhof adapter.

They range in price depending on the depth of the recess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats good to know, many thanks guys. I was looking at those far eastern sinar copies on Ebay and wondering if they were any good. Hopefully I can get by with just the bag bellows.

Ta
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Sinar bag bellows will work just great with a 65mm Super Angulon, on an F1. No problem-o.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Also, I bought some of the flat Sinar lensboards by the guy in Switzerland who sells on eBay. They are very fine boards and fit just right. The shipping was very reasonable, too, and he shipped fast. They only cost about $25 each!

-R
    Last edited by reggie; 10-28-2007 at 06:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sorry for the late reply, I’m overseas with next to no internet access.
    The one recessed lens board I bought on eBay did not fit the Sinar F2 as advertised. They are still not cheap but at least reasonable through Bromwell Marketing ( http://www.bromwellmarketing.com/ ). I have bought several through him and while they lack the beauty and finish of the one Sinar recessed lens board I do own, they do fit like a glove and work great.

Obligatory comment: I am in no way affiliated with Bromwell Marketing. Simply a satisfied customer.
    -Logan Group

Pacifism in the face of murderous barbarism is a self-correcting disorder.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A bag bellows is way far more preferable on a Sinar monorail camera, as compared to a recessed lensboard. The front and rear standards can be compressed very close. With a bag bellows you are only limited by your lens. And all lenses are easier to adjust on a flat lensboard. A recessed lensbord will hinder front rise and fall with the standard bellows, and make the lens harder to adjust.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I guess I should have included that I use both a bag bellows and a recessed lens board when working with any lens that is 90mm in focal length or less on my Sinar F2. But this depends on your needs. You only need one or the other unless you are using extreme movements. But in the case of extreme movements both are a necessity. On my Zone VI my 90mm is on a flat lens board with a normal bellows. But with that setup I only use basic rise and a little swing movements.

A good used bag bellows can be purchased for much less (and are easier to find) than a used recessed lens board. If you’re not going to do a lot of movements save the money and go with a bag bellows.
    -Logan Group

Pacifism in the face of murderous barbarism is a self-correcting disorder.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin