Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,490   Online: 1018

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Thats a great idea Struan. Plenty of things to use money for with such a beast. Loupe, Lenses, Darkslides etc.
    Loupe: I have one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pentax-50mm-F2...QQcmdZViewItem

Lenses: Your 150 is a mild wide on 13x18, normal with the 4x5 reducing back, portrait length with the roll film holder. Ditto (mutatis mutandis) with the 90. Go take some pictures :-)

What ??? Its not a toycamera, its a 13X18
    Mine is a toy camera with a usefully long bellows :-)

One sheet is 55DKR at a prolab in Copenhagen
    Peak Imaging in the UK is great for 4x5. For bigger film you're on your own....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Did someone say cheap E6? I hate Velvia, but if it's going for cheap I'm interested - am I right in thinking Quickload can be used in a Polaroid holder? (Advice for OP - I think a Polaroid holder is well worth it, even if Pola film is hellishly expensive...)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Serial Numbers on Schneider Lenses?

Hmm, ok, I pulled out the rest of my lenses, and the ones at work. All the Schneiders are also marked Linhof, and all have four tiny (2 - 2,5mm high) numbers on the rear components. Two are Super-Angulons (90 + 121), two Tele-Xenars, and one Symmar. I have no problem sharing the info from my lenses: Technika Tele-Xenar 1:5,5/360 SN 6203039 with 3039 engraved on rear component; Technika Super-Angulon 1:8/90 SN 5221520 with 1520 engraved on the rear component. Time for some other people to pull out their Schneider lenses so we can get to the bottom of this-does Linhof add the numbers, or do (some/certain vintages of) Schneiders come this way from the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    There is no serial on the rear of mine, either. Nor have I ever found any other reference to there being serial numbers on both cells?
    Last edited by TimVermont; 10-30-2007 at 05:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Søren,

I'm sorry, but since I don't care what format others shoot as long as what they use pleases them I'm as satisfied after getting your news as I was before.

Good luck, have fun, learn and grow,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Movements?

let's say - sufficient for this one:
    Wow, what a perspective.
    Is that front or back tilt? Front??
    Eh the syncro compur that came with the 90mm is a bit(lot) sticky from 1/8sec and up. at 1sec it is totally gummed up. From 1/15 and down it sounds right. CLA? Where?
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont View Post
    Hmm, ok, I pulled out the rest of my lenses, and the ones at work. All the Schneiders are also marked Linhof, and all have four tiny (2 - 2,5mm high) numbers on the rear components. Two are Super-Angulons (90 + 121), two Tele-Xenars, and one Symmar. I have no problem sharing the info from my lenses: Technika Tele-Xenar 1:5,5/360 SN 6203039 with 3039 engraved on rear component; Technika Super-Angulon 1:8/90 SN 5221520 with 1520 engraved on the rear component. Time for some other people to pull out their Schneider lenses so we can get to the bottom of this-does Linhof add the numbers, or do (some/certain vintages of) Schneiders come this way from the factory?
    Mine came mounted on a Sinar lensboard and has "SINAR" engraved in green.

The SN is 8903522

Kind regards
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, what a perspective.
    Is that front or back tilt? Front??
    Eh the syncro compur that came with the 90mm is a bit(lot) sticky from 1/8sec and up. at 1sec it is totally gummed up. From 1/15 and down it sounds right. CLA? Where?
    Kind regards
    Søren
    I focussed on the little plant, then tilted the front to get the rest in focus. But there's a little bit of front drop as well, which helps get the coverage where it should be.

For CLA, I recommend Carol Flutot. It's a long way to send a shutter for a CLA, but it's the best and fastest service there is.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After playing around with the 90mm I have identified the problem.
    Its sitting on a lensboard that is not flat or recessed. I don't know what its called but its like a kind of extension tube on front. This prevents it from being focused on infinity with the reducing back mounted and it restricts the movements with the 5X7 back. The 150mm is (Edit: Was, I switched them around) sitting on a flat horseman plate.
    I guess I just switch them around if I can find something to mimic that special tool for the ring.
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Last edited by Soeren; 10-31-2007 at 09:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello Soeren
    You can take your shutter to photografica, they have a very good repair man (he has more than 25 years of experience) who should be able to take care of the problem. It will maximum cost you 1400 kr. and might be a lot cheaper (not under 800 kr.). He is taking care of two shutters for me at the moment, an old compound 4, and an ilex universal shutter from the twenties.
    Best Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by loman View Post
    Hello Soeren
    You can take your shutter to photografica, they have a very good repair man (he has more than 25 years of experience) who should be able to take care of the problem. It will maximum cost you 1400 kr. and might be a lot cheaper (not under 800 kr.). He is taking care of two shutters for me at the moment, an old compound 4, and an ilex universal shutter from the twenties.
    Best Regards
    Mads
    Well I never thought of that but then again 1400dkr will almost buy me a new(used) lens in a shutter from the same place. Ill stop by next time I go to Copenhagen and have a chat with Martin about it.
    Thanks Mads
    Kind regards Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin