Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,734   Online: 888

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Majestic with the geared head. Never need to buy anything stronger for any camera. Just make sure your wife can carry it. K

I also have an old Leitz Tiltall that I have been happy with for 35 years. It just does not hold an Ansco 8X10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a big Ries fan when it comes to the 8x10 for sure, but with the 4x5 I really like my Berlebach 3032 with it's built in ball head. I've dropped it 10 feet onto rocks with a korona view attached and it came away with only a few scratches. Good luck!

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Zone VI tripod with a Majestic gear head for the beast, and it does the job. Lesser tasks go to the Manfrotto, but it wishes it were a Gitzo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Sparky;539733]Get an older majestic - that way you get the bonus camera ejector seat thrown in for free! (anybody know what I'm talkin' about??)

Spring loaded center column/camera launcher/jawbreaker.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Manfrotto 055CL with a 141RC head.
    It's pretty good, but I wish I'd gone for the "Pro" version, which has a tilting columt for awkward angles or copy work.
    I've used it with all sorts of cameras, from tiny d!gital compacts up to a 5x4 Arca-Swiss monorail.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    Multi Format

Buy a Berlebach

I have a Berlebach 3032 in the lovely nutwood colour and it is so simple and effective to use. It is also very light but because it has only 2 leg sections it is very stable. Ball head will hold any 5x4 camera without the need for an extra head. Great!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I love my manfrotto 075b, It easily handles my toyo 810g. I use a sinar head, which definately also helps stabilize things.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    By the way I also have a linhof 3414 coupled with a manfrotto 029 head. This combination should carry any 4x5 with ease (the manfrotto head is able to carry a load of 7 kg)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    tiltall (and one of the legs unscrews as a monopod if you want that )
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought a Manfrotto 075B, same model as Ioman, with the View Camera pan/tilt head from a fellow APUGger a few months ago. Apparently at one point he used it hold a 7x17 vertically. It can do so with my cambo SCX 4x5 monorail (about 14lbs) and is certainly far from rickety. Note with the revolving back there is no reason to do this other than that it looks cool. The tripod can seem slightly shaky when adjusting as the arms the controll the leg spread seem strangely thin for such a heavy duty tripod, but once everything is locked down it's a hard sucker to move. Plus, it can safely extend to over 7 feet and still be stable.

- Justin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin