Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,950   Posts: 1,557,902   Online: 916

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had the 165mm f8 Schneider Super Angulon for over fifteen years, having enjoyed using it on my 4x5 and 8x10 Sinar Normas. I have a friend who picked up the 210mm f8 Super Angulon for $800 ten years ago. I don't believe he has ever used this -beast-. And I'm thinking of eventually buying it from him

Alot of these were used for 8x10 chrome tabletop shooting. They are exceptional in this regard. But, hardly mobile.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    Fuji 250mm f/6.3 CM W lens which has an image circle diameter of 320mm when the lens is stopped down to f/22. This takes a 67mm size filter thread.
    This is a newer, multi-coated version of the Fujinon-W series lenses. In the older, single-coated version, the 250mm was a 6.7, with a 398mm circle at f/22, while still taking a 67mm filter.

What is the specification of the 210mm that you have mentioned?
    The 210mm f/5.6 has a circle of illumination of 352mm at f/22 and uses a 58mm filter. Closed down to f/45 or f/64, I have a hard time using up all of the movement, though I do occasionally. Going with the 250mm would give you all that much more to play with. The 250's are much coveted and tend to bring a bit of a premium.

Both of the above lenses are in a #1 shutter.

I have a number of friends with the 250mm f/6.7 lens and all love it. Either of these lenses would be very viable options in the focal length range you mention.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post
    The 210mm f/5.6 has a circle of illumination of 352mm at f/22 and uses a 58mm filter. Closed down to f/45 or f/64, I have a hard time using up all of the movement, though I do occasionally. Going with the 250mm would give you all that much more to play with. The 250's are much coveted and tend to bring a bit of a premium.

Both of the above lenses are in a #1 shutter.

I have a number of friends with the 250mm f/6.7 lens and all love it. Either of these lenses would be very viable options in the focal length range you mention.

Ed
    These will definitely be on my list of lenses to look out for.

Thanks,

Keith.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin