Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,711   Online: 895

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Schneider 210mm f/8 Super-Angulon.

I am considering buying a 210mm Super-Angulon lens as a future investment for use with an 8x10 Camera.
    Does anyone own one of these lenses? What lenses from other manufacturers are of a similar specification?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Didn't Rodenstock make a 210 Grandagon? Another option would be the super symmar aspheric XL.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could go for a 240mm Symmar or Sironar instead, they cover 10x8 and are excellent studio/portrait lenses for 5x4, and a lot ligther than a 210 SA.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Didn't Rodenstock make a 210 Grandagon? Another option would be the super symmar aspheric XL.
    I will check out the 210mm Grandagon. The Super-Symmar XL looks a superb lens, but beyond my budget, so I am looking at what is available second-hand. Is there anything similar from Fuji and Nikon as well?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    You could go for a 240mm Symmar or Sironar instead, they cover 10x8 and are excellent studio/portrait lenses for 5x4, and a lot ligther than a 210 SA.

Ian
    Will these allow for some perspective control movements with 8x10?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Symmar doesn't allow much movements, and is more of a "straight on" kind of lens.

If you want a WA lens for 8x10" that offers lots of movements and can be carried more than 20 meters, you might consider a "plain" Angulon 210mm f:6.8 instead of the über-massive Super Angulon?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    Will these allow for some perspective control movements with 8x10?
    A little, probably not a lot, but then a 165mm f8 SA would be a far better WA on a 10x8 if you can carry it, mines very heavy. Depends what you are planning to shoot.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    I am considering buying a 210mm Super-Angulon lens as a future investment for use with an 8x10 Camera.
    The older style Fujinon-W, 210 f5.6 -- the ones with the lens data marked on the front element retaining ring -- more than covers 10x8 and has room for reasonable movements. They show up on the bay pretty often.

I love mine.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is no Grandagon 210mm it is a 200mm for the Grandagon or 155mm for the wider one which I can really recomand!

Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post
    The older style Fujinon-W, 210 f5.6 -- the ones with the lens data marked on the front element retaining ring -- more than covers 10x8 and has room for reasonable movements. They show up on the bay pretty often.

I love mine.

Ed
    I looked on the `Robert White` website and there is a Fuji 250mm f/6.3 CM W lens which has an image circle diameter of 320mm when the lens is stopped down to f/22. This takes a 67mm size filter thread.
    Is this lens suitable as a moderate `wide` general use lens on 8x10?
    What is the specification of the 210mm that you have mentioned?
    I am considering a `moderate` wide lens for 8x10 of around the 200-250mm range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin