Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,536,989   Online: 1193

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I feel your passion for brass lens, Marcus.

I just got something on ebay( three old brass lenses, with sepration, no shutter, etc) , haven't got them yet, so don't know what they are. Anyway, if they are not what I expected, I still can use them as a nice paper weight.

Have fun,

Alex W.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    ... Always suspect the worst about a Doppel Anastigmat until it has been examined.
    Very good advice. Sometimes you get lucky, but remember that those cases are pure luck (like my O. Simon Anastigmat, which turned out to be a Hexanar).

Dialytes cost a lot less than Dagors to produce, and were actually (potentially) sharper! But the contrast will always be a lot lower.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    "... Always suspect the worst about a Doppel Anastigmat until it has been examined."

This could be a very interesting theme for a discussion...
    Maybe some Dagors aficionados are not so happy.
    Tomorrow, with more time, I will send my opinion based on simple tests on Doppel Anastigmat made by various manufacturers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ongarine, if you're not likely to die from laughing, read this http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ht=lousy+dagor thread all the way to the end. It is on dagors. Remarkably diverging opinions about the lenses are presented in it.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Excuse the newbie question, but what do you look for with the penlight to see if there are spaces?

Shooter
    35mm
    "The addiction begins..."

I think I hear peals of evil laughter from over in Nevada....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought an Emil Busch Aplanat 8" (also marked ROJA) at the same auction site a while ago but I paid about the same for that one lens as you did for the whole lot of yours... But it is in excellent condition so I am happy. Nice to see local people doing LF stuff, too! What camera do you use, Marcus?
    Last edited by Jerevan; 11-21-2007 at 02:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post

I have a big Petzval that also looks a bit like your Euryplan. Not at all that much though. Anyone know the process of recementing? Who recements old lenses? Probably the same people who put shoes on horses and pull teeth with a vise, no?

/matti
    Check out this page: http://www.skgrimes.com/popsci/index.htm for some information. I have some future plans to try to recement an old brass lens, just to see if works out...
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

I don't know if it's any use to you, but a slightly similar lens (ALFA Dubbel Anastigmat f:6.8 240mm) is mentioned in this PDF document (just search for ALFA Dubbel Anastigmat):

http://www.lpfoto.se/swe/auktioner/g...9xpdf/1-34.PDF

Marco

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I bought an Emil Busch Aplanat 8" (also marked ROJA) at the same auction site a while ago but I paid about the same for that one lens as you did for the whole lot of yours... But it is in excellent condition so I am happy. Nice to see local people doing LF stuff, too! What camera do you use, Marcus?
    Ive seen wildly varying prices for brass lenses there, these where listed in "Objektiv" so maybe people didnt think to look for them there, there was one lens in "Samlar, äldre" (old collectables) at the same time that went for more. But it was marked "porträt" and so maybe more desirable as it could be a petzval.

I have a Sinar Norma with 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 backs and also one slidning 6x7 back and a Zoom 2. And a Norma shutter that works perfect and is very practical with these old lenses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin