Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,038   Online: 1112

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Hart View Post
    Hi Allan:

Just to make contact from a close venue! I live in Ness on the peninsula, and I'm a keen film user in all (ie small, medium and large) formats, though like you very limited by time in a busy job.

Good fun.
    Hi George,

I spend a fair amount of time around Ness Gardens, close-up and macro, bugs and stuff.

copake ham - George, - digiclicking? True, I do have a digital compact, just to dip my toe in the water you understand, but it will be a long time before I abandon film in favour of it.

And not least, the rest of you inspirational folk, many thanks for your encouragement. I will use my MPP - film's in the 'fridge.
    Got a bug in Windows XP at present so I've had to revert to 98 to get back on line - too many glitches, too little time. Thanks again folks.

Regards - Allan Swindles.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Allan,

Although I use a wide range of formats, I keep on finding myself drawn back to large format. For me it just has some qualities that can't be matched by anything else. I am sure if you perservere with it, you will soon catch the bug!

I've only been using 5x4 for about 2 years, but I already have urgings to go bigger, maybe 11x14? (Being only 20, I should be able to carry it for a fair distance)

Good look for the future, and I hope you enjoy the large format experience!

Regards
    Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Neil,

"some qualities that can't be matched by anything else.". I quite agree. The gradation on large format is so much superior than that of the smaller formats. Problem is of course, portability. It is so easy to carry a 'makes toast' SLR or nowadays DSLR, (sorry about the four letter word), whereas I think with large format
    the photographer has to have a specific idea or location in mind. Another problem is the publics (and some 'experts') idea of what makes a GOOD photograph. I think, in general, the QUALITY, of work being produced today comes no where near that of earlier times. That is a very debatable subject and not suitable for this thread.
    Regards - Allan.
    Last edited by Allan Swindles; 11-24-2007 at 05:15 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Crossed threads
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Allan, I also have an MPP but of indeterminate marque as it is an ex-WD model. Must use it more !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin