Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,296   Online: 841

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Supermatics are fine shutters, Kodak's best bread and butter shutter. They aren't pretty inside, the surface finish of the stamped parts is not fancy like a Compur. But there's precision enough where it matters, they are value engineering of the best sort. Easy to clean/lube/adjust as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My new crown graphic arrived today. It was as dirty as can be imagined. I spent about two hours with hot soapy water and Q-tips...It's pretty clean now.

The stock 152mm Ektar and Supermatic shutter are in OK condition. The shutter is a little stiff / slow. I'm pretty sure a CLA is in order. Some of you made it sound like this was, possible at home? Can anybody point me to some directions? Or, should I just send it off to Carol straight away?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    brad,
    keep playing with the shutter. mine loosed up after i shot it many many times. it began to work just fine shortly after that.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    My new crown graphic arrived today. It was as dirty as can be imagined. I spent about two hours with hot soapy water and Q-tips...It's pretty clean now.
    I also think that is one of the fun parts of buying old cameras; discovering a jewel under a little bit of grime. Almost like archeology; cleaning the dirt away to find a treasure.
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeez, you guys got me too. I have a Crown that looks new and haven't had it out in 2 years. I am in the photo doldrums right now and just got the impulse to do some handholding!!!!..Evan Clarke

JCT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And I'm scouring the 'bay for one too -- have to stay away from those minty ones -- they're beautiful!

Thanks guys, I think....:rolleyes:

JT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin