Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,766   Online: 955

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Geeez, you guys are showing how lazy I am. Thanks, I needed that!

Now, if the weather would just cooperate. Did I make my excuse about the weather being cruddy all this year? :rolleyes:
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    7x17 - at least 75 - 125 sheets a year, 8 x 10 well over 100, closer to 150. It's the summers in Arizona that slow me down, but I try to get out of town then to beat the heat and find cooler weather and places to photograph...

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ohh, the weather is no good here in western Oregon, i am just trying my best to keep Ilford, Kodak and the rest in business.
    Sometimes though, it happens that there is something on the film that i can use to kill some time in the darkroom.

jan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks all for your responses, it gives me a sense of what people are doing. What's your workflow like, do you develop and print after every shoot, once a week, a month? Also, what percentage of shots are keepers? Thanks again.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    probably 100-200 sheets of 4x5 and 40-80 or so of type 55.
    Id say 3/4 are keepers the rest are jumbled in a drawer.
    I swear some day i will shoot my 12x20. I just need film and a pack mule then im off.

-ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gbenaim View Post
    What's your workflow like, do you develop and print after every shoot, once a week, a month? Also, what percentage of shots are keepers? Thanks again.
    You've timed that question just right. Just returned from a shoot in which I exposed 6 sheets of 4x5 which will be processed within the next couple of days of which I expect a 50% usage. This is because a few of the shots were very similar.

Regards,
    Trevor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi I'm also to lazy.
    4x5 its about 100 a year color 1/4 and 3/4 B&W
    8x10 its around 50 a year and also much more B&W
    But should I tell you how much I shoot digitaly atleast 20'000 a year!
    And the processing is as soon as I get at least 12 8x10 or same amount in 4x5 so it take sometimes 2-3 months till I process them!
    The real keepers rate is very low about 2-5%
    Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Large Format
    Workflow??? Now that question takes some thought... Let's see, for the second half of 2007 it went something like this...(this is a fluid process and subject to lots of variation as circumstances change) Took two photography trips, one in August and one in October. After returning from the August trip, developed, proofed and selected images to receive fine prints. (The tap water in Richmond is too hot to process during the warmer months) Spent some time in Darkroom late September and early October printing August negatives. Returned from October trip and repeated this process. So now it is early November....I've spent most of my November weekends in the darkroom processing the fine prints. After the initial develop, fix, wash, the prints are set aside until a sufficient # for toning are compiled. Last weekend was toning weekend and I toned the equivalent of approximately 100 8x10 prints (combination of 8x10 & 7x17). I should note that I make 3 fine 7x17 prints and 5 fine 8x10 prints per negative. During the last week I have passed all of the fine and proof prints through the dry mount press for 15 seconds to flatten (I use single weight Azo) I also three hole punched the proof sheets and filed everything in 3 ring binders during the past week. Yesterday was spent cutting mount board and mounting 5 7x17 fine prints and 10-12 8x10 fine prints. Now all that is left is to cut the window mats. So, I normally go through this whole "fine print" process 2-4 times a year.

Usually my motivation to get the toning and mounting process finalized, is a Fine Focus Workshop where I want to bring some new work to show. Bruce Barlow, Richard Ritter and Ted Harris have been wonderful mentors and continue to motivate me to stretch my photography in new ways.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't worry Alex, they have me feeling the same way as you. Been a bad year for production of work for me as well. Maybe 20 - 7x11, 10 - 8x10 and no 5x7 or 4x5. Goal for '08 is at least use all the 7x11 I have (in order to justify a new order when Ilford/Kodak have their special runs) - 60 sheets, and then clear out the stock of Efke 8x10 - around 50 sheet.

GB, as to workflow, it drives me nuts if I can't shoot and come home and develop the negatives right away (either that evening or the next morning), and depends on the negatives will start printing right away. This year there were to many distrations - life just gets in the way sometimes.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wasn't going to respond to this because I just recently started in LF and have no track record, but I hope, given mostly weekend shooting, roughly 10-15 sheets per month. So I guess that's 120-180 sheets a year. I would be happy with that given my work schedule.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin