Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,204   Online: 1000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shen-Hao 6X12(120)for 4X5 Roll Film Back

Does anyone have one of these roll film backs? It might be just the ticket for a larger format size negative using 120 Ilford Pan F film. I might consider this as an alternative with the Shen as opposed to film holders on a longer air trip if the back is quality made. Anyone know how many 6x12's fit on a 120 roll? This would be a nice large negative on Pan F as an alternative to its absence in sheet film.

Thanks,
    CJ
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one. The simple answer is 6 shots per roll.

The tougher questions depend. There seem to have been various backs that people have called Shen backs. Some are. Some are third party. Some are copies. I got mine from the factory a few years back. It works fine. The ruby red window is too dark for some films. That's the main issue I have with mine. The design is so simple it's almost impossible to fail. My back came with masks for 6x6 and 6x9. Because of the simple design you can shoot any of those formats with the back.

I want to say mine is an 612AB or something like that. But it's tied up in a trucker strike right now. So I can't even go look at it for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Nick, I was looking at Badger, I bought the camera from them, their back has 64.5, 6x6 masks and 6x12 and is made by Shen Hao according to the listing. Actually I am starting to plan for a trip to Italy in a year and would like to do it without totally exhausting myself by bringing too much. I considered my Mamiya 645 and Busch 23 and even the 5x7 but bought the Shen for the occasion.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm fairly sure the one in the Badger photo is mine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin