Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,043   Online: 968

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for showing us, Jason.

Actually I like my current Quickdisc better, because you can also critically focus on it. With your version, that will be a bit more difficult, but maybe a hint for further improvement?

G

Quick Disc + CD or DVD

For easier focusing I scaled up the Quick Disc ruler on a copy machine to match the diameter of a CD. The bright silver is easy to see in any light. njb

cao
    Shooter
    35mm

Death match: Brunner vs. Calumet

Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    That sounds familiar. I think I've seen something like that somewhere.
    Funny thing: in a fit of boredom, I derived the eqn for magnification from required change in aperture. When I measured, the Brunner thingy conforms within my error for measuring the reference square; the Calumet gadget that came with a used Cambo Legend is way off. What gives here? Not cool enough?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Jason, I downloaded it and watched your videos on youtube. I am about to work on some macro work with my sinar and this will be right handy.

I liked the developing videos too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good! Now I know what a doohickey is!

Sgteve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

bellows factor thingy

For those who haven't read the Quick Disc instructions its advantage is that the target you place in the scene to measure on the ground glass is round rather than square. For optimum accuracy a square target must have either its width or its height perpendicular to line of sight from the camera. With a round target orientation doesn't matter--you just measure across the widest axis of the round image on the ground glass. njb

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacio Jan Brown View Post
    For those who haven't read the Quick Disc instructions its advantage is that the target you place in the scene to measure on the ground glass is round rather than square. For optimum accuracy a square target must have either its width or its height perpendicular to line of sight from the camera. With a round target orientation doesn't matter--you just measure across the widest axis of the round image on the ground glass. njb
    Nacio is correct. With a square target take care to make sure it is square to the camera. A skew will make difference, generally very little, until the target is notably askew, but a difference nonetheless. I use a square, because squares don't roll, the round one is a little more of a PIA, but that's probably just me. If you want it round, just draw a circle on the target that reaches the edges, and cut it out that way. It's not rocket science.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 01-02-2008 at 01:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    So where is the super friggin doohickey down load?

Does your solution blow away? My quickdisk blew over the rim of Canyon De Chelly. Never stayed where i put it anyway. My wife just inherited a marine service shop with a metal mill. I have been thinking about making one of these out of aluminum, so it stays put. I don't know the first thing about fixing boats but i do know how to put the tools other uses. I'll leave the boat fixing to the shop manager and other employees.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    So where is the super friggin doohickey down load?

Does your solution blow away? My quickdisk blew over the rim of Canyon De Chelly. Never stayed where i put it anyway. My wife just inherited a marine service shop with a metal mill. I have been thinking about making one of these out of aluminum, so it stays put. I don't know the first thing about fixing boats but i do know how to put the tools other uses. I'll leave the boat fixing to the shop manager and other employees.
    You can find it under the "cool stuff" link on my website.

It can, and will blow away, depending on how heavy the stock is that you print it on. I have been intending to glue one to thin hobby ply. Usually I do macro work with still life things inside, so it's not generally a problem, but I keep more than one in my bag, when afield. Having a tack, and tape, solve many a problem. An aluminium one would be the bomb.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 01-02-2008 at 01:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just laminate it. That's what I did. I have JBrunner's arguably handsome face in plastic.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin