Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,648   Online: 797

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

DUSTLESS LF NEGATIVES

What tricks do you guys and gals use to mininize or eliminate dust when loading your large format film holders? I occasionaly vacuum the holders and wipe them inside with tack cloths, but I invariably get dust in the most conspicuous areas - usually in a blank sky. Any other tricks out there I haven't heard of?
    Tim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Wipe with an anti-static cloth, not a tack cloth. Also, make sure the room is as dust free as you can make it, high humidity, air filter, etc.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I regularly brush out the holders with an anti-static brush and vacuum clean the inside of my bellows every now and then too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I like the 4" Kinetronics brush and Dust-Off.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    After cleaning and loading the holders, they are stored in individual ziplock baggies. Don't forget to clean out the inside of your camera on a regular basis - If you are clean in your procedure, and still having problems, it can be a source of dust that is overlooked.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Kinetronics used to make an antistatic airgun called the Static Blaster which was used in industrial clean rooms. Some guy had about 50 of them for sale on eBay and I bought 2 of them for $30 US each, they were several hundred $$ new. It hooks up to my little compressor and does a magnificent job. I spray out the holders right before I load them and then put the loaded holders in antistatic bags which I also got cheap on eBay. The Blaster also makes framing a snap, I Windex the glass, blow off the glass with the Static Blaster and assemble. No dust!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use Fuji Quickloads or Kodak Readyloads. Over 20 years now and thousands of sheets - no dust. It costs more, but I shoot a lot in deserts and it's worth it to me.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    I use Fuji Quickloads or Kodak Readyloads. Over 20 years now and thousands of sheets - no dust. It costs more, but I shoot a lot in deserts and it's worth it to me.
    But no Tri x or Tmax 400 ..EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No Ilford either

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for your input all - I'm shooting 8x10, so readyloads aren't an option. Just replaced the bellows on the camera, so that should help as well.
    Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin