Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,812   Online: 849

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Maybe not the most ideal 4x5 to own, but the price looks decent (can probably get them down a little more), and most of all it's local. Anyone care to chime in? Comments on the body,lens, and price mainly. I don't plan on using it too far from the car so am not worried about the weight.

HORSEMAN LE-4X5 KIT
    CONPENDIUM SHADE TYPE2,EXTENSION RAIL 40CM,FOLDING REFLEX VIEWER, LINHOF ADAPTER LENS BOARD, WIDE ANGEL BELLOWS,LUPE 7X,ALLUMINIUM CASE,LISCO 4X5 FILM HOLDER,RODENSTOCK GRANDAGON-N 90MM F4.5 LENS BOARD.

$1,650 US

**While I have your attention. This is a list of used glass at the shop that's selling this kit. I'd like 1-2 more lenses, do any of these grab your eye as a good additional lens for this setup? I'll probably do the ebay thing for additional lenses. THANKS!

210MM F5.6
    LENS IN COPAL-1 SHUTTER
    SINARON-S

180MM F5.6
    TO LINHOF
    SCHNEIDER SYMMAR

270MM F5.6
    SCHNEDER TELE-ARTON

152mm f3.5
    Komuru

65mm f6.8
    Angulon
    Schneider

200mm F8
    (Process Lens)
    Fuji

It sounds like a specialized set up for serious architectural photography. If thats your interest it sounds llike a place to start. Perhaps some architecture experts can give you thier view(pun intended) on this outfit. As for the other lenses you mentioned, I think it would all depend on what it is you intend to shoot and if you could get the regular bellows for your camera(and you don't mind swapping them, and the ext. rail out every time you want to use a medium to long lens&#33 The Sinaron-S and the Symmar would probably be the most useful of the lot for general and landscape photography. Good Luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you can get a recessed lens board the 65mm is great for landscape too, I have one myself. Just have to watch that you don't wind up with the rail showing in your picture by leaving it positioned too far forward.
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin