Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,097   Online: 872

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    SAm,

Are you trying to stop motion or simply attempting to use the equipment under bright conditions with film speeds that require such fast shutter speeds? If the latter, consider using neutral density filters.

I use this solution when I want to shoot at f/4ish with my Verito and similar speed portrait lenses in barrel. I have 2.0 & 3.0 ND filters that block 6 2/3 and 10 stops respectively. This allows me to use films like TMX 100 & TMY 400 at f/4 in daylight conditions with a Packard or a hat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Joe

It may be an option, my lenses have no aperature so I figure exposure for f3.5 or so and go with it.

The ND could work!

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can try to find a roller blind shutter, though most will be quite old and not so low cost, also might require repairs. Other than that, some sort of filter mount solution combined on a Packard shutter might do the trick. Ideally, if you can find a Packard shutter with flash sync, you could use the flash for faster speeds.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    Continuing from Dan's thoughts: For 4x5", just get an Alphax, Betax, Ilex, or the like #3, or larger shutter and front-mount. Works usu. really well as long as you're not thinking extreme wide angle....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Something else i've heard done is someone stripping a speed graphic of the bed, rails, rangefinder, back, etc and using the body+shutter.
    An ugly 2x3 speed will be pretty cheap and still large enough for most lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    An off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post

If you want the Speed Graphic shutter on the Tachihara, you will have to invent a way to cobble the two together!
    Ole, Is it a kind of smart, universal, way on lens mounting to lens board? If it is than can You put a bigger picture of the center part with it?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Ole, Is it a kind of smart, universal, way on lens mounting to lens board? If it is than can You put a bigger picture of the center part with it?
    Here's a different one, without a lens in it. That makes it a little easier to see what it is. This one's a bit bigger though, so it won't fit on a Speed Graphic lens board. It sits on a Sinar board now, for use on a Gandolfi 8x10":
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iris.JPG  
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ole, how does one call this device in German?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here's another version on a 6" board:

Joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice device! What's it's name? Where was it produced?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin