Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,181   Online: 796

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

I dove head first in to the pool

Greetings all

Well I took the plunge!!. I just got my first 4X5 decided to get a new Chen-Hoa, used ones were 95% the cost of a new one. I ebayed a couple of Nikkor lenses a 90f8 and 150f5.6, also picked 14 film holders (all but one looks very usable). I also picked up all the other necessary stuff. Now I just need to shoot the damn thing

I have been shooting MF for years both 645 and 67 so the LF is going to be a big, change soooooooooo many choices on what to do with the camera. Love it.

For a "cheap" Chinese camera the Chen really looks good. I can see were it could be a little flexy but I'll just have to work around it.

I also want to thank all you APUGers for making this happen. One of the reasons that I took the dive was reading all the information posted here and the great way in which you answered my questions, felt like a had a friend helpin me out.

Thank you all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    23mjm Congratulations on your new baby. Now the fun begins. Enjoy the fun and post some pictures when done.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome to the madness! You're in "good" company (ha ha) and you'll thoroughly enjoy it! Life will never be the same ... enjoy!

" Be happy. Take a silver break today !!!"
    MP_Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What really hurts about diving in head first is when they forget to put water (or in the case of some of us Pyro) in the pool!

Good luck and enjoy your new obsession!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got a She's-A-Ho and it's nothing but a money pit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    23mjm,

Are you going to change your alias to 45mjm?

Congratulations,

Len

Shooter
    35mm
    Good god man, you scared the crap out of me. I thought it was another threadf along the "I fought the saw, and the saw won" thread, that still has me cringing.

Any, cool beans, congrats, and all that. It is fun stuff.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Congrats on the move up; I live in Roseville, although I'm in Dallas right now for work. I'll be home in Mid March sometime; it you want to get together and shoot sometime towards the end of the month, you're welcome to join me and several other photographers who try to do weekend shoots together. I'll be the only other Large Format shooter, so it will be nice to have someone else there who takes their time. Congrats again.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey 23, I just bought a used Cambo Cadet on eBay. This is my first jump into LF. I’ve used 2 ¼ for the last 5 years. It should arrive Tues. or Weds. We may be asking the same questions in the near future.

Mike

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    WTG and you'll find the pool keeps on getting deeper....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin