Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,724   Posts: 1,515,026   Online: 1198

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Phillips Explorer 10x8 (and show your camera)

Hi all,
    new to the forum. Just got hold of a Phillips Explorer 10x8, never been used. First shoot with it today (2 sheets of b&w and 2 sheets of colour).

I have to say, the camera is incredible! Need to get hold of a better tripod, and a better loupe to make the most of it. So nice to able to carry stuff around without worrying about the weight!

Anyway, here's me and my camera! Will add some pics when i've developed them! Show me yours..

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.JPG  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Here's where my camera picture lives: http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Cheers/Bio.html

The work made on it here: http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Cheers...%20County.html
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have a Phillips 8x10 purchased over 15 years ago and it has provided superb service ever since; very rigid, reliable, lightweight (7.25#) and the prototype for which many of the current lightweight view cameras are based on. I sold my linhof master technika after purchasing this camera as I cannot justify shooting a smaller format when the Phillips is available.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ok, I 'm in. Here is my shot of me and my 8x20 that I built myself out of Walnut. Built the tripod also. Camera is 14 lbs. and the tripod is 10 lbs. Twice as heavy but twice as big! Not bad for the first camera I've ever built. Welcome to APUG!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 11-02-2008 at 12:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Welcome to the forum Dave. Here's me and my home built 5x12.

Forgive the clogs, it was spring here once, sniff.
    Last edited by Colin Graham; 03-12-2008 at 08:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin