Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,753   Posts: 1,515,917   Online: 1107

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images
    The Clowns in Brown delivered my new cam today. Photos attached. I can't wait to try it out!
    hi!

Images
    please excue the dot.com clutter on my desk
    hi!

Images
    And the front. Looks like a 6 3/4 " lensboard.
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hey Brian, Looks like a sweet deal. The lens board (if it is 6 3/4 in.) may required the services of a carpenter. Could be made out of 5/32 baltic birch plywood. Fairly simple actually. Good luck.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That thing scares me to death! Now I know how the 35mm people look at the 4x5 camera! Holy COW! I'll try that when I feel I have outgrown the 4x5. I will be anticipating seeing the great work you will do with it!! Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C'mon Frank, it's not THAT big. Biggest camera I ever played with was big enogh to hide behind. Clydesdale Process Camera. Of course I only saw it moved once when we migrated to a new building. Also when I would shoot portraits with it the subject always had a terrible squint due to the 4000 watts of halogen lighting.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Frank,
    It is interesting to me how my view of camera format changes. When I moved from medium format to 4X5 it seemed like a big step. Then from 4X5 to 8X10 the large camera seemed huge. Now the 12X20 makes the 8X10 seem like medium format once did. My 4X5 seems like a toy. What was it that someone said about "the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys"?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Images
    LOL! It was a little different for me. Started with 35mm, then went to 6x7, then 4x5. I knew the second I processed my first 4x5 that I needed something bigger. I think the 8x10 will last a while
    hi!

Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnmilikan @ May 21 2003, 10:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hey Brian, Looks like a sweet deal. The lens board (if it is 6 3/4 in.) may required the services of a carpenter. Could be made out of 5/32 baltic birch plywood. Fairly simple actually. Good luck. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    One of my best friends is a woodworker. We&#39;ll be making a few lensboards soon.
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I am still laughing here ..
    Well - I&#39;ll say before some one else does

.... it is not the size of the camera that counts .... it is what .... (never mind)

..... actually I discovered, when I went to 4x5, that size DOES matter. But I am not EVEN ready for negs that don&#39;t fit im my JOBO or my enlarger. Besides, at 20x24prints - the 4x5neg looks pretty good - even with TRI X. And I only print up to 16x20 usually.
    Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin