Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,705   Online: 742

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fujinon SW 75 mm f/8 opinions!

I just had a Fujinon SW 75 mm f/8 delivered today--any users able to note as to the image quality from this lens series-- I have the 5,6 90 SWD and several other Fuji lenses and they are all excellent--- At $281 off ebay ( item # 160204157791 ) surely it can't be a bad buy--58 mm front threads- (inexpensive filters) and the glass is flawless and of course single coated !! BTW--It is in a Seiko shutter that appears to be functioning flawlessly!
    Any users here?
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can say it is very compact but my 75 mm Biogon is much easier to use at f 4,5 plus no need to drop the bed wwith the Biogon as opposed to the Fuji due to it's size--but that is a huge price difference with the Biogon easily costing 10 times the Fuji price in this case!! Weather permitting I'll try the Fuji out this weekend!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have played with one a couple of times. I found it to be a very sharp lens with overall good contrast. Though, at f/8 it was much harder to focus than 90mm F/8 SW lens that I also have. I have used a number of Seiko shutters and most of them have been pretty accurate.

Enjoy the lens.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin