Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,373   Online: 836

Shooter
    Large Format

Stereo Camera repair in the Uk

I have succumbed to camera lust again and bought a Voigtlander Stereflektoskop camera. I have an antique stereo viewer so thought I would make some stereo prints and view them. It is a beautiful machine and comes with an clever plate/film sheath holder which allows the use of 12 shots per magazine.
    The compur shutter needs lubing and I want to change the reflex mirror for a new one. Can anyone suggest an excellent repairer in the UK who is good and trustworthy? Here is a jpeg. of said model, not the actual camera.
    Last edited by Anton Lukoszevieze; 09-27-2008 at 05:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Harry I hope someone knows of such an expert but if not, then as a start google Ed Troszka and on the third entry you'll find his full address etc. He is highly rated by Ivor Matanle whose the classic camera guru on the Amateur Photographer mag. Ed might be worth contacting. If he doesn't cover stereo cameras he might know a man who does. Alternatively you might try Matanle. Again a google gets you several entries.

Best of luck

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Try these sites, you may find some info or links. It's the National Stereoscopic Association. I know there is an International organization as well.

http://stereoview.org/aboutnsa.html

www.stereoview.org

Just found the one for the UK

http://www.StereoscopicSociety.org.uk

I hope they can help you out. Good luck!
    Last edited by airgunr; 02-16-2008 at 02:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    WJS/wi/usa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin