Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,981   Posts: 1,523,823   Online: 1196

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Wider lens for my Tachihara?

Right now I gots a 150 f:5.6 Nikkor W an a Schneider 210/360 f:5.6 Symmar.

Looking to go wider for landscapes. Before I start beating my head on the wall, I was curious what others thought. Any sleepers?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Which Tachi do you have? With the 5x7 and 8x10 variants the widest lens you can use without a recessed board is ~120mm. It is a limitation of the bed hardware and the front focus and lock knobs. The meet and at around 120mm

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a 90mm and 65mm for my 4x5. I don't use the super wides for landscapes to often. The 65 is really extreme but nice. Especially for interiors.

Here is an image with the 65mm of an Anasazi cliff dwelling. I'm shooting from about 10 feet from the sandstone ceiling. This lens requires a recessed board and center filter

http://www.apug.org/gallery/data/500/ceilingruin.jpg
    Kind Regards,
    William Gregory

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by williamgregory View Post
    I have a 90mm and 65mm for my 4x5. I don't use the super wides for landscapes to often. The 65 is really extreme but nice. Especially for interiors.

Here is an image with the 65mm of an Anasazi cliff dwelling. I'm shooting from about 10 feet from the sandstone ceiling. This lens requires a recessed board and center filter

Hi, sorry guys, its my 4x5 the little Hope.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by williamgregory View Post

That is really nice... I think I'm looking for a 90 though. The 65 would come second. Thats the kind of lens that only works in certain places. You certainly found one. Wow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    90mm 6.8 grandagon is probably my sharpest lens for 4x5. great coverage and takes 67mm filters. Mine requires a cheap magnifying fresnel from staples to even out the image on the ground glass. If someone gave me one i'd take a 90mm 4.5 or 5.6.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My first wide angle for 4x5 was a 90 mm. It's a good jump from your 150.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IMHO The Fuji 105mm SW F/8 is a sleeper. People fixate on the 90mm or maybe the 110mm and ignore the Fuji. Lots of coverage. Not huge. Can be cheap on the used market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 90mm Grandagons are superb lenses the f6.8 isn't too heavy, they are more common branded as Caltars in the US. If you want wider still the 65mm Super Angulons aren't usually expensive, they just cover 5x4. Here's a shot with my 65mm.

You might also look at the 75mm Super Angulon, it would also be a great wide angle for your 6x17 as well, slightly better coverage on 5x4. It's now the only lens I use with my 6x17.

Ian

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use a 90mm f:8 Super Angulon - old, but good. I use it more often on 5x7" than on 4x5" though - on the 4x5" I tend to either use a 90mm f:6.8 Angulon, a 65mm f:8 Ilex Acugon, or an old 80mm WA Rectilinear...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin