Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,833   Online: 978

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    The only thing I've ever done to my Tech V is replace the bellows.
    I briefly considered one before I bought my first Meridian. But then I discovered Linhof bellows for a Technika typically cost more than entire cameras or systems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupfish View Post
    [...]But then I discovered Linhof bellows for a Technika typically cost more than entire cameras or systems.
    <*/gasp\*>
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred De Van View Post
    The Linhof was a huge version of a Leica or Exakta, which was light years ahead of the Graphic shutter band. It was only 2 big curtains, smaller and self closing and simple to use, as it attempted to repeal a few laws of phyics. It jammed in damp conditions, at the sight of model, a timely critical moment and/or, your paying customer.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Poisson, I take that as sarcasm, and that's okay. I actually find the prospect of spending $500 for bellows more like an absurdity, myself. Instead of buying just a bellows, I'd rather have that beautiful Sinar Norma (with a couple of sets of bellows) that went for about the same money a couple of weeks back. Or either of my Meridians, just about the same bucks, neither of which needs bellows because they're synthetic instead of leather (60 years old and going strong).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can get a new Technika bellows for a lot less than the Linhof price from Custom Bellows UK, and it might in fact be the same bellows, since they have a long history of making bellows for other manufacturers, and they certainly have the Linhof patterns on file.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin