Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,108   Online: 1109

Shooter
    Medium Format

MPP 5x4 monorail lens board

I have finally decided to get my old MPP Monorail back into the lime light as its been skulking in a trunk for some time now. I am going to have a new set of bellows made and collect a set of usable glass for the front. the question I have is.... The lensboard is about 4x4" with a inward turned lip. Are there any other manufacturers that make the same style lensboard, or am i restricted to trawling through ebay after original mpp's?

Thanks

andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy,

I have an MPP Monorail, but not at hand at the moment. 4x4 seems a little too small. I think it is the same fitting as a Sinar/Horsman monorail, ie 139mm square.

Barry
    ps I had a new set of bellows made for it some years back by Camera Bellows. They needed the old bellows frames.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think ffordes may have a Sinar lens board listed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have (only) the back standard for an MPP 4x5" monorail. The bellows fitting seems to be a 155 mm square. The standard has a 7 mm wide channel running all around about 4 mm in from the edge (obviously, the bellows must have a matching rib). Assuming the front of the front standard is the same, a Sinar panel at 140 mm would be too small. It looks as if cutting simple squares out of 3 mm duralumin would not be too hard.

Regards,

David

PS: The back standard could be available for little money if anyone's interested!

Shooter
    35mm
    My MPP monorail front standard is 175mm square with slightly chamfered corners. The front surface takes a Sinar lens board with no problems, and I found Sinar easier to obtain than MPP. The bellows "socket" on the inside of the front standard is 155mm square, so there's plenty of room.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Hi - I have an MPP lensboard that came with an Angulon 90mm I purchased a year or so ago.

Dimensions are 3 15/16ths inch square with a hole to suit the lens 34mm diameter, (sorry about different units but its the most accurate way for me to describe it). It has a 1/4inch rebate around on the back. It is grey on the front with MPP engraved top right as you look at it.

It is fairly well used with a few slight chips around the lens hole but nothing that would prevent its use.

I don't need it so If you want it please mail me. If you would like the lens as well 90mm Angulon f8 let me know.

I am in the UK in London so can meet to exchange or whatever, PM me.

numnutz
    Last edited by numnutz; 03-11-2008 at 04:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fat fingers & crap speeling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the 3 15/16ths lens board was probably made for the MPP Field Camera?

Barry

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson View Post
    I think the 3 15/16ths lens board was probably made for the MPP Field Camera?

Barry
    Sounds about right for the MPP Microtechnical Mk VI / VII lens board. The Mk VIII lens board is smaller (3.75", 95mm sq.) with rounded corners.

See:
    http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/lensboards.htm

Cheers,

Malcolm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin