Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,941   Online: 1186

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polaroid MP4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    Well my goal in this was to learn how to work on these, so other than sending it out, what is the "Proper procedure" for servicing one of these buggers?
    Aye, and there's the rub! I wish I had some of the factory manuals for shutter repair and servicing too. The best I've done are web searches and a few used books.

The up side to all of this is you have a shutter and lens that is relatively inexpensive to replace should things go terribly wrong. So I suppose you could just experiment a little bit and keep good notes.

As far as "proper procedure" I can't help you there because all I know are a few shortcut tricks to get dead and jammed stuff working just long enough to finish a roll or whatever.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Don't forget the massive sense of accomplishment

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They're great copy cameras. I used them for many years in the studio.

If you don't have a 4x5 enlarger you could get a 4x5 graflarger back cheap off ebay and put it on the grafloc back and there you have a very nice enlarger / copy camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin