Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,037   Online: 1108

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Large Format Outing--Chicago area

The Midwest Large Format Asylum will have its monthly shooting outing this weekend, Saturday March 15th. If you are a large format film shooter, please join us.

We will be photographing some of the many Chicago bridges. We will meet for a 8:00 am breakfast at the Hollywood Grill at Ashland & North Avenues in Chicago's near-north side.

Medium & small format shooters are also welcome, but be advised, we move at a slow pace. 4X5 to 8X10 shooters join us from Wisconsin, Indiana & Michigan.

Outings are always on the 3rd Staurday of the month. More details of this outing & descriptions & images of previous outings can be found in the FORUM section at www.midwestlargeformat.com

Rick Tapio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't find much on that forum, looks rather dead.
    I'd love to be a part of this though.
    Where about would we be shooting?
    I lived almost right there for a good two years.
    Would be nice to meet some other Apugers I suppose, if I can be up at 8 after a long night of printing.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We would look forward to you joining us.

Our plan is to start somewhere around the Goose Island area & work south. One of our members has been shooting the Chicago movable bridges as a self assignment for several years & will act as tour guide.

You need to register to see some of the active stuff on the website at www.midwestlargeformat.com to keep the spammers out. It is free to register. Once inside, we have an active gallery and a forum documenting our outings along with images. We also have an e-mail list that announces our outings & the details of times & meeting places.

Next month the outing is scheduled to be held at Turkey Run in southern Indiana. Other outing locations have included the lighthouses on the east side of Lake Michigan (last month); Lake Superior UP; the air force base & military airplane museum in Rantoul; the railroad museum in Monticello, IL; Mississippi rivertowns on the Iowa side; the Pullman District; the University of Chicago; Lake Michigan north shore & Racine, WS; the building ruins of Gary, IN; the factories in Elkhart, IN, etc...you get the picture.

It is not unusual that can get special permission to get into some unique places to shoot, such as the Steam Locomotive shop in Monticello; the Florence Hotel in the Pullman District; Rockefeller Chapel at the UofChicago, inside a AWAC plane at Rantoul, etc.

See you Saturday.

Rick Tapio

fwp

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBBo View Post
    Can't find much on that forum, looks rather dead.
    I'd love to be a part of this though.
    Where about would we be shooting?
    I lived almost right there for a good two years.
    Would be nice to meet some other Apugers I suppose, if I can be up at 8 after a long night of printing.
    In order for a member to see most of the forum I have to grant access to the forum. This is done to slow spammers down. This process takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. I have granted access and you have full access to the forum.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin