Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,961   Online: 766

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Grafmatic 4x5 film holder question

I have purchased a Grafmatic 45 film holder. Everything is straight, all of the septums are straight and hold film well, everything opens and shuts exactly as it should, except for one thing.

The darkslide lock, doesn't turn to lock the darkslide!

Well it turns a little bit and just covers a poofteenth of the darkslide, stopping it from coming out. But I cannot get it to swing right around so the red dot shows.

Does anyone know if I can just undo the screw holding it a bit, or will things fly apart?

I haven't used one of these for close to 20 years and it took me a bit of fiddling to get the memory all together.

Mick.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Mick !
    Under the dial there is a small steel ball and a spring.
    My bet is that someone has undone the screw, and the ball has fallen. Then, the spring is locking everything.
    Not exactly rocket science. Even if you loose the ball, you'll find it at any machine parts store. They are standard. Only drawback is that they are sold by hundred pouch but I paid about 3 Euros for the 100.
    If the spring is dead, find a disposable lighter and get the spring under the flint stone. 1/3 of it will made it ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Georges, you were correct, the ball bearing is missing, but the spring is there and locking it up. Very small bearing, must be something like 1.5mm or thereabouts, which I think is about 1/16".

Mick.

Wonderful place this APUG!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin