Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,709   Online: 707

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang this thing is a lot heavier than I thought it would be...I feel like i'm in the gym when I pick it up. :-S

Images
    What kind did you get? Mine is lighter than my 4X5 and RB67
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's an old Cambo monorail so it weighs a ton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd recommend getting a wheeled cart like a sherpa cart or athletic stroller if you are going to tote it very far from motorized transport. I've suffered from numb shoulder syndrome just carrying my Calumet Cadet kit a block to Fort Pulaski from the parking lot. Good luck with it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used a large plastic wheeled tool or tote box that you can buy at Home Depot, Lowes etc. I got one with the bigger wheels that makes it a little easier to roll over curbs ruts etc. You can pack a lot into one, although you will need to devise away to secure the camera from moving around. One advantage is it is sturdy enough that you can stand on the top which provides about 18" extra standing hieght if you have to go high with the tripod.

i can fit my Eastman Commercial 8x10, light meter, three lenses, dark cloth, 6-8 film holders, filters, small set of tools, loupe, bottle of dust off, and my 35mm with a couple of lenses. I strap the tripod to the top with some nylon bungee cords.

I got a cheap wheeled suitcase at a discount luggage place for mine. It fits the camera, wrapped in dark cloth, three lenses and six film holders PERFECTLY. And it fits in carry-on when I have to fly with it.

Welcome to the world of Negatives As Big As Your Head!

dgh
    David G Hall

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin