Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,782   Online: 710

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Micheal, thanks for the mention of the Photobackpackers site, while I don't have a LF camera I have been toying with making some camera and lens wrap-like boxes. The site let me know I'm thinking in the right direction. I just got a order of neoprene to play with. Now if only I could find a clutter-free surface to work on.

And Nacio, I like the sherpa cart. I've been eying pet strollers on eBay. Right now I have a cheap second hand baby stroller with all the fabric stripped off, but it only does well on sidewalks.

Enjoy your travels!
    Ronin

"Place your clothes and [cameras] where you can find them in the dark.”
    with apologies to Robert Heinlein

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Photobackpacker's gear is first rate and Bruce is a super helpful guy. I should receive that new Kelty pack next week. Bruce say's it's fantastic for 8x10 gear. Anyway, I also have a wonderful Wehman 8x10 and it, the dark cloth and 1 reduction back fit into a Photobackpacker case. After talking with Bruce, 4 or 5 of my lenses should also fit along with 5 8x10 and 5 5x7 holders, and the meter etc. I second the Harrision tent suggestion. I use the "jumbo" model which is made for 11x14; it provides plenty of room. I subdue the light, set it on a bed, pull up a chair and watch movies while changing film. Just remember to have all film loaded in the holders or reboxed before removing your arms. You can see a small tent here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Harrison-Film-Pu...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I bought a Photobackpacker pack and the accessories for 4x5 gear last year. Excellent stuff and great service. I had a defective cinch strap and I sent the pack back to him postage paid and he sent me a new pack immediately. I received in 2 days. I think the strap was an anomaly because the pack is very well constructed. Between the Photobackpacker pack and a large Pelican case I have most situations covered.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I am working out and and hope to make this enjoyable. there are a couple of long hikes and since I'm going early May the high country will be closed. So the biggest hike could be Chilnualna falls which is a 7.5 round trip with a 3000 foot climb to the falls. I am limited to space since after the 4 days at Yosemite I have a business meeting at Napa the following week. If I was driving, alot more gear would be going with me, like the 8x20 and 11x14.
    The one thing I like the most about the Photobackpacker is the modules will keep dirt out. I photo in sand and dirt alot and when I go some where (Arizona) it is all dirt and sand. you can open your case and don't have to worry about anything because only the unit you open will be exposed. If raining everything will be protected till you open the unit you want. I'm thinking of setting one up for my hassey outfit too, since the pack I have for it is for a canon camera pack and doesn't feel very comfortable on my back. I have carried this one 3-5 miles and it weights 26 lbs. So one of these backs with the proper modules should be much more comfortable to carry.
    I didn't tell you I have a Harrison Jumbo tent that will be going with me.
    I also didn't indicate that the first day we are driving from SF to point lobos and spend the day there and then drive to Yosemite, for 3 days. I might be spreading this thin but just being at Point Lobos for a half a day I think be worth it.

mike a
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin