Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,810   Online: 879

Shooter
    Pinhole

Mesa AZ 8x10 shooters?

Hi:

Due to lack of an Arizona regional forum and consulting with Ole whether this was related enough to LF equipment, I am posting this here.

I have a friend in Mesa, AZ with an 8x10 camera and apparently what I call 'artist's block', low activity, self-acknowledged.

I had the idea to ask if there are any other 8x10 APUG shooters here in his area, then ask his permission to forward his contact info...that way I'm not asking you folks for any more info than you already have posted on APUG.

I thought if he had a more active LF'er nearby it would inspire him to get more active. He said he's been asked to show how work and he was a bit embarrassed how old some of it was.

I haven't run this by him yet. I thought I'd test the waters here first.

Murray Leshner
    Holland MI
    Murray

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Think about getting him to take Rod Klukas' Large Format Photography Class at Scottsdale Community College.
    There is an active community of large format people that use this class as a motivational means to get moving. Its usually Wednesday evenings (or thursday).

Images
    Agree with taking Rod's class or just meeting him. It has been a while but he used to also work at Photomark, so that might be a place to hook up with other photogs.

I'm in Northern AZ so a casual go out and shoot is not possible.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I regularly shoot 8x10 and 7x17 and live in Scottsdale, AZ. Rod Klukas's large format photography class at SCC is definitely the way to start. Rod currently runs the large format photography department at photomark. I would visit him there as well. I also think Rod is doing a workshop real soon on large format. There is also imageworks a largeformat photography group located in Phoenix/Scottsdale - all large format users.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thank you.

I will pass that info on.

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I will third the suggestion for Rod's class. You can also talk to him at work at Photomark, McDowell at 20th St., Tues-Sat.

I take Rod's class and am also a member of Imageworks (Hi Scott).

The workshop is THIS weekend in Tucson... I'll be there.

Rich
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10."

Shooter
    Pinhole
    He says that's who he bought his gear from, so he's onto it...just busy on W's & Th's.

Thanks

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Rod's workshop is this weekend. He'll be back at Photomark this weekend

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    OOPS , sorry correction
    "Rod will be back after the weekend, on TUESDAY" Rod usually has Monday off..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin