Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,646   Online: 689

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

fujifilm instant polaroid 4x5 - do they make it?

hi everyone,

i went to the fuji website and had a look at fuji FP100B B&W .

the film image size is 3 1/2 ish X 4 1/2 ish.

do they make a 4x5 'full size' instant film or is this the closest?

i'm a bit confused because i'm using this polaroid back - one that slides in like a fat darkslide (hence i thought 4x5) , and the image size it yields is approx 3 1/2 x 4 1/2.

thanking you all in advance!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    They make 4x5" instant film, but it's pack film, not sheet film, so it doesn't work in a Polaroid 545 sheet film holder. It works in the Polaroid 550 or Fuji PA-45 holder.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji Instant FP100C45 is the larger size of FP100C. As noted above, this will fit the Polaroid 550 holder, or the Fuji PA-45 holder. It comes ten shots in a pack, and not individual sheets. FP100B (B/W) Instant only comes in the smaller size to fit the Polaroid 405 holder, or the Fuji PA-145 holder; the crop is 73mm by 95mm from 4x5. Fuji Instant FP3000B (ISO 300 B/W) is sold in a size to fit the Polaroid 405, and in a larger size to fit the Polaroid 550 holder; the larger size is called FP3000B45. Note the 45 added onto the name to designate the larger Fuji Instant films. The image area of the 45 films is 89mm by 118mm, or nearly the same as 4x5 films.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fuji also makes the 100 BW pack film in 4x5 size, it is simply called FP100B45 and fits the Polaroid 550 and Fuji PA-45 holders. It is not available in stores here in Europe as far as I know but I got some from Megaperls in Japan. Maybe with the demise of Polaroid instant films they will market it outside Japan as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    its not even showing up on the website.

thanks to all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here's the link at Megaperls. They also offer a ISO 500 film pack for 4x5 backs (550 or PA-45), never tried it though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The ISO 100 Fuji color pack-films of both sizes, it should be noted are available everywhere in the USA, it is just the b/w that isn't as of yet. All the mail-order vendors I use stock inventories of the Fuji color pack films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the Fuji pack film holder too thick to slip into a 4x5 camera like a Polaroid 545 sheet film holder?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Is the Fuji pack film holder too thick to slip into a 4x5 camera like a Polaroid 545 sheet film holder?
    The Fuji pack film holder is thicker, however it WILL slide in under the ground glass on many 4x5 cameras, or alternately if your camera has a graflok style back, it can go in place of the ground glass back, and be held by the graflok sliders.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin