Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,329   Online: 775

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I do the following, so I'll always have anything I need. If I try to remember each time I go out, it's certain that I'll forget something.

I keep everything that's not camera specific in my photo jacket. That's my Zone VI spotmeter, my Sekonic flash meter (for incident readings), cable release, step up rings (for the Hasselblad), filters (deep yellow, 85B and green), step up adapter for the Artar and lens shade for same. Also various and sundry rolls of film, note pad, a pen, and reciprocity tables. I keep this in the trunk of the car along with my tripod. When I go out I decide which rig(s) (Hasselblad, 4 x 5 or 8 x 10) I want to take and put them in the trunk. In this way I know that no matter which I selected, no essential will have been left behind. When I get to wherever it is I'm going to be shooting, I just don the jacket and I'm ready to go. Since I started doing this I haven't uttered "Oh, DAMN! I forgot whatever...." even once.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can usually find a work-around to leaving most things at home (though Ole's got me with forgetting the camera... make-shift pinhole?), but I'm usually at a loss as I usually forget to bring my creativity with me.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poco
    I've forgotten plenty of stuff at home. What sticks with me, though, are those times I revisit a place and find stuff I'd lost there. A week ago I went back to an abandoned farmhouse and found my lens brush sitting on the old iron stove, just where I'd left it 11 months ago.
    What is that saying? "Leave nothing but footprints and lens brushes"?
    hi!

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="Les McLean"] and we've had many laughs about it over the years.
    At least you were able to laugh about it although, I bet you did not at the time. One of those situations where you have to accept what has happened, count up to a good few thousand and start again !

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    One year my buddy and I went way out in the wilderness camping/photographing. The major event was me to borrow his 8x10 for the trip. Drove half a day, got ready to photograph, and the question each of had was, "Didn't you bring the ground glass?"
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Worse thing I've forgotten was my spot meter.... I was able to guess pretty close, however.

Last trip, I forgot to pack socks. Luckily, those are a lot easier to find (and cheaper)!
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin