Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,216   Posts: 1,532,126   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think I'm learning I need a check list to make sure EVERYTHING is in the bag. Luckily I was home but it's was a serious pain going back into the house to find the things that I thought had been put into the bag. Of course the wind kept blowing so I'm sure the negatives are going to be fuzzy no matter what-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In my long romance with photography I have left for trips leaving certain items behind. So far I have always had film, but have done tings like leaving behind the cable release, quick release adaptor for the tripod, and exposure meter.

So now I force myself to do a check of essential items that should and must be in the bag. It's very difficult to shoot 5x7 without being able to use a tripod.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once drove 200 miles to a location that I'd wanted to photograph for a number of years and, unusually, on this occasion took my wife. I packed the car with all the stuff you take on a weekend away and when I got to the location remembered that I'd left all the camera kit on the kitchen table.
    Of course I blamed my long suffering wife and we've had many laughs about it over the years.

Images
    Everything in my medium format kit has a place in a large pelican case. I put everything back in its place when I am done using it. Of course, there is no place for a tripod in the kit. On several ocasions I have got ready to set up for a shot and realized that I didn't have a tripod After trying to handhold my RB with a 180 lens a couple of time, I have realized that it is a complete waste of time. I now (try) to remember my tripod when I go out on shoots What did you forget Robert?
    hi!

I used to carry sheet film separately in a cooler. I don't know how many times I would get to a place, get all set up, wait for the light...and then no film.

So now I always carry at least some film with the camera.

I have also forgotten cable releases, filiters, etc.

dgh
    David G Hall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally had to breakdown and buy a second loupe because I was always leaving it in the darkroom where I used it on the light table to evaluate negatives.

Started out when I clued into the fact that being about five feet away meant I should take into account bellows . Had to go looking for a tape measure. I think I still screwed it up-)) Then I had everything setup and ready to go and went to put the filter in front of the lens. Of course the holder I had didn't fit the lens I wanted to use. Oh forgot to bring a hat to use in place of a shutter. Had to use a film holder-)))

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course this leads into a parallel topic of what have you left behind at theplace you made a photograph. Like the time I got about 60 miles before I realized I had left a brand new light meter sitting on a log.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Camera...

It's true! I brought tripod, 8 lenses, 6 holders, 80 sheets of film, loupe, dark cloth - but forgot the camera...

I was lucky, it was the "waterfall" scene. All of 2 minutes from home. But still...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've forgotten plenty of stuff at home. What sticks with me, though, are those times I revisit a place and find stuff I'd lost there. A week ago I went back to an abandoned farmhouse and found my lens brush sitting on the old iron stove, just where I'd left it 11 months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin