Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,467   Online: 962

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How big are these?

Images
    I am hoping that photo isn't actual size
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    My surveyors tripod has one extension on each leg. I would guess the overall height at a moderate leg spread is something over 6 1/2 feet. Of course one can adjust the extension to what point is desired. The difference on a surveyors tripod (or at least mine) from a photo tripod is that in the upper leg attachment plate exists a round hole. The size of the hole is smaller then the lower mounting surface on a Bogen 3047 head. The only thing that is required is to take a 3/8 in all thread bolt and a nut and a small 3/4 in W by 3in L plate to mount the head to the tripod upper leg attachment plate.

In the case of a post mount Majestic head an adaptor is required from the post diameter to a 3/8 in female bolt thread. The adapter that I had made has a larger lower diameter to mount to the upper leg attachment plate on the surveyors tripod.

For those looking to shoot 8X10 on one of these contraptions, The Majestic geared head works out really well. I bought mine used on Ebay. Cost new $285.00 ...used $49.00
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Thanks Don for the specs. Might be worth a try at $30 appx for one of these over my reporter 200 series Gitzo.

Images
    mine shipped out on Thurs, I am expecting it on Mon or Tues. I'll let ya'll know what they are like.
    hi!

Does anybody know how much these things weigh?

Images
    They typically weigh between 8-12 lbs. I'll let you know the actual as soon as mine arrives.
    hi!

Do you think that would be enough to support my 4x5 Tachihara?

hehehe

Shooter
    Large Format
    I can't speak for all surveyors tripods...but I use mine to hold a 12 X 20 Korona...(camera, lens, and film holder weigh in the neighborhood of 30 lbs.)
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Do you think that would be enough to support my 4x5 Tachihara?

hehehe
    I haven't seen one of these ones listed online in person, but the typical leveling tripod should be more than enough for a Tachi.

By the way, you can often find these at your local home improvement type stores. Home Depot or Lowe's (can't remember) usually have them.
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin