Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,957   Posts: 1,558,058   Online: 1094

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Has anyone gotten one of these tripods yet? I'm wondering what they are like.

Images
    JUst got mine 3 mins ago! It is 8lbs, goes up to about 5' and will be easily converted to 14/20 mount. It is built by Northwest it is ugly safety yellow and silver.

Brian
    hi!

Images
    It is Model NAT 81, and is listed as 11lbs on this website, but shipped at a lighter weight, who knows... http://www.tooldudes.com/northwest-tripods_specs.html sells for $112, got mine for under $30.
    hi!

Images
    I just posted a photo of the top section of the tripod to the gallery, it looks like it will be very eady to configure for my majestic head.
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gotten back into the surveyor tripod game and upon following Brian's link the seller is now selling Aluminum surveyor tripods with a buy it now price of $30 with $10 shipping. How do the aluminums stack up against the woods? I have emailed the seller about the brand name and model number.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Images
    The ones listed earlier were also aluminum. One of my friends has been having trouble getting delivery of his tripod from this guy. I had no problems myself. Just FYI.
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What are the suggestions to convert it to the normal photo mount? Is aggie's suggestions the best and quickest: Adaptor Screw...5/8 11 to 1/4 20 at Master Wholesale $4.78

I'm not using a majestic, but will soon be moving to a bogen 3047 (and if anyone has one for sale...)

blog
    website

Images
    The nount that comes with the tripod is very flimsy. I am in the process of having someone machine and adapter plate for me. Majestic heads go for as little as $25 on ebay right now.
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow, really?!? I guess I'll just need to check ebay every once in a while so that I can grab one. I will actually be cheaper than the 3047.
    Thanks for the tip, Brian

jeremy

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [size=2]sorry, double post[/size]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin