Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,028   Online: 1160

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Aggie, Is your difficulty in composing your exposure? Do you use a viewing frame or something like the Zone VI viewing filter? Or is your difficulty more in the area of camera movements, how to use them, their effects, and gaining sharpness? I had difficulty with all of the above at one time.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Don is quite correct wrt all the things that can go wrong. You play with all the time and experiement all the time. View cameras use is a lot like playing 1st base, you gotta get out there and put on the cleats and grab the glove and let people hit balls at you. You can read all you want but until you do it live you can not call yourself a first baseman.

lee/c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well Aggie I tried to take you out behind the house to show you how it's done. Miss your chance babe!

And BTW I'm very patient.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aggie,

I don't know if you have ever visited the Large Format Photography web site of Q Tuang Luong, but it is one of the best information sources available.
    He has articles outlining 2 different methods of focusing the view camera. I have used both and they both work. Which one you use depends on the type of camera you use and the kind of subject matter. Here is his site:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.info/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Your just going to have to come up here to Calgary and I'll take you out along with some other LF'rs here. Between all of us you should get the idea eventually.

Of course maybe I should reconsider, I hear the last person to try and show you anything on a LF was David Hall and he's been missing ever since!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert, I don't know if you already tried to or not, but you can get usually Stroebel's book (View Camera Technique) from the Library to check out if it has what you are after. I had to wait about a week for the library in town to get it from the main office but it was available. Just a thought.
    Brian McDowell

Here's a link with chock-full of LF info:

http://www.trenholm.org/hmmerk/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin